Permanent position: Leading manufacturer is looking to hire a sharp Production Manager who desires to be developed to a Plant Manager. This opportunity will be located in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area. Excellent relocation package is available for candidates willing to relocate. The ideal candidate will experience as a production/operations/manufacturing management experience in a manufacturing environment. Experience managing costs, driving quality standards, safe work practices, effective housekeeping and maintaining compliance with personnel policies, and driving continuous improvement. This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $90k to $110k plus a bonus opportunity. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US. Responsibilities for the Production Manager
Requirements for the Production Manager
- Manage daily production operations through the production superintendent, production supervisors and/or production teams to maximize production efficiency including volume or product produced, run rates, raw material utilization, yield loss, downtime, and slowdown while producing high quality products in a safe manner.
- Provide formal objectives and measurements for plant personnel and is involved in machine trouble shooting, efficiency studies and capital improvements
- Ensure that production crews are well trained, involved and committed to meeting production, quality and safety requirements.
- Meet daily production schedule and requirements. Work jointly with logistics and purchasing to ensure appropriate inventory mix is available, while balancing both production efficiency and raw material demands
- Develop, implement and track compliance to production department expense budgets, Control key elements to ensure achievement to ensure achievement of budget spending goals
- Maintain an environment for good employee relations to prevent any union organizing attempts
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, chemical or mechanical is preferred
- Experience managing a production team in a manufacturing environment is required, preferably in a high speed manufacturing environment
- Track record of process and quality improvements, implementing strategy for production operations, hiring/training/coaching employees and performance management
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $90k to $110k plus bonus
- Excellent relocation assistance is available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.