Permanent position: We are searching for a Metrology Technician in Wichita, KS to work at an aerospace manufacturing company. This is a direct hire role with a great company. Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Responsible for the calibration and certifying of electronic measuring and testequipment to technical specifications and maintaining traceability.
- Responsible for periodic maintenance and functionality confirmation of non-calibrated test equipment.
- Performs complex configuration and tests of equipment according toinstructions, blueprints, schematic sketches and/or prescribed testingprocedures. Develop/maintain procedures and data sheets for calibration.
- Sets up standard and special purpose laboratory equipment to test,evaluate, and calibrate other instruments and test equipment.
- Disassembles instruments and equipment, using hand tools, and inspectscomponents for defects. Reassembles and calibrates instruments andequipment.
- Associates degree or applicable technical training and certifications and 4years of directly related experience. In lieu of a degree, 8 years of relatedexperience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret specifications, drawings and schematicsin a professional environment.
- Knowledge and practical application of standard processes to ensure themaintenance complies with any NIST system.
- Medical, Dental, PTO, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.