Contract position: Logistics Specialist opportunity with an automotive manufacturing client located South of the Birmingham, AL area. Great opportunity for someone with supply chain co-op or internship experience to help with supply logistics support through working with material planners to help analyse and improve the goods receipt process, develop end user documentation and performing system testing. Responsibilities for the Logistics Coordinator
Requirements for the Logistics Coordinator
- Support Material Planers in the goods receipt process by monitoring supplier communication and ensuring deliveries can be processed in a timely manner.
- Analyse root cause of communication errors, research solutions and remediate the error that the process can be completed
- Document error types and review with suppliers to prevent future occurrences
- Document best practice solutions to improve the clearing process
- Generate daily overview of supplier KPI's and a monthly evaluation based on error analysis for management review
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelors Degree in Operations Management, Supply Chain Management, Business Management or a related area, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- Co-op or internship experience in a manufacturing environment ideally in areas related to supply chain
- Basic knowledge in MS Office
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- SAP experience is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.