Contract position: Market leading manufacturing company of optical and photonic products for laser manufacturing in San Jose, CA, is looking for an EHS Engineer with a focus on wastewater treatment, hazardous waste, air quality... It would help if the candidate has a strong back in chemistry. This is a contract position till the end of the year and then will go permanent with the client.Responsibilities for the Environmental Engineer
Requirements for the Environmental Engineer
- Manage the implementation of environmental & safety programs, compliance plans, and initiatives including the Hazardous Waste management and Wastewater treatment programs.
- Liaison with the City of San Jose regarding Wastewater treatment and discharge programs.
- Ensure the company meets all its legislative compliance obligations with OSHA, CAL/OSHA, EPA, BAAQMD, ADA, and fire codes.
- BS in Chemistry, Biology, Engineering. Chemistry is preferred.
- At least three years of hands on environmental regulatory support related to wastewater treatment, hazardous waste, air quality.
- Experience with lasers, optics, medical device, photonics.
- This position will go permanent with the client in 2019.
- Contractor benefits.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.