Permanent position: Environmental Engineer, Ft Wayne, IN - Fortune 300 manufacturer seeks to hire to manage the environmental program for compliance with all Federal, State, and local rules, regulations, and permit conditions. 1 of 3 Engineers on the Environmental team. BS degree required, Engineering degree preferred.Responsibilities for the Environmental Engineer
Requirements for the Environmental Engineer
- Manage the ISO14001 environmental management system including air, wastewater treatment and discharge, storm water, discharge to streams, spill prevention and cleanup, solid waste minimization and disposal, hazardous and special waste disposal and radiation.
- Work with the Corporate Office on environmental projects when needed.
- Interact with Federal, State and Local agencies, along with legislative bodies, trade groups, legal consultants, and other professional groups.
- Prepare and obtain necessary environmental permits, working with consulting and agency personnel to secure permit conditions preferential to the company.
- Duties include preparation of all required documentation and forms such as SARA, manifests, annual air emission inventory, and monthly, quarterly, semiannual, and annual reports.
- Documenting compliance with permit conditions through sampling, data retrieval, and records availability.
- Assist with radiation detection systems and rejections for incoming product material or scrap steel.
- Work with contractors and vendors to achieve program goals while assuring excellent value.
- Assist fellow environmental personnel in directing employees in completing daily environmental tasks.
- BS in related field. Must have extensive knowledge of Excel spreadsheet programming.
- 2+ year experience in an Environmental role
- Experience in the environmental field. The ability to work comfortably with others within and outside the company.
- Must have excellent organizational, documentation, and record keeping skills.
- Full time role with excellent benefits
- Bonus paid quarterly, profit sharing and generous 401k match on all contributions.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.