Permanent position: Cleveland, OH- Premier heavy industrial manufacturer needs a Production Supervisor on 1st shift to work in the Melt Shop. Candidate must have experience within a heavy industrial Melt Shop work environment. Such as Steel, Glass, Aluminum etc. Will consider a team leader or a supervisor. Salary is $80 K- $130 K + bonus and full relo for qualified candidates Responsibilities for the Production Supervisor
Requirements for the Production Supervisor
- Responsible for being a productive team member of the core management group of the plant and contribute to the long term strategic planning for the operation.
- Continually identify, plan, and initiate methods to improve productivity, quality, maintenance, and reduce cost in the operation by focusing on Continuous Improvement activities as they relate to reducing waste in the process, Key Performance Indicators (KPI's), asset utilization, and reduced equipment downtime.
- Maintain records, reports, Targets to Improve (TTI), and KPI's as required for the operation. Actively review performance results with team including actions for improvement.
- Identify opportunities and partner with specialists to improve safety; eliminate any unsafe operations and ensure a safe and clean production environment.Support Quality Management Systems to sustain a repeatable process and to supply customers with a consistent product while improving on time delivery.
- Partner with Human Resources to identify training needs and deliver appropriate training to maintain a competent and motivated workforce; provide for employee cross-training.Participate in developing and managing to the budget for the plant.
- Must have some kind of leadership experience
- Electrical Arc Furnace experience is a plus
- Steel experience is a plus
- Must have experience within the Melt Shop
- 5 + years of Melt Shop experience
- Base salary $80 K- $120 K + bonus and relo for qualified candidates
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.