Permanent position: Safety Engineer - NW Chicago area: Leading manufacturer seeks a Safety Engineer for their location in the greater Chicago area. This person will be responsible for developing/implementing plans to provide for the safety and health of employees at multiple locations.Responsibilities for the Safety Engineer
Requirements for the Safety Engineer
- Promote a safe working environment for all employees at multiple business locations.
- Identify, comply, and train applicable OSHA mandated programs.
- Develop and execute plans to ensure proactive compliance to OSHA mandated programs and accident prevention.
- Participate in safety process implementation for the planning and construction of facilities and equipment.
- Three plus years' successful safety experience.
- Bachelor's Degree in Occupational Safety & Health or related degree.
- Ability to interpret and apply OSHA regulations on a practical basis.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Full benefits, 401k and relocation assistance.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.