Contract position: Innovative medical device company is a Software/Hardware Test Engineer in the San Diego, CA area. This position will be responsible for supporting a major upgrade of an existing diagnostics product. Qualified candidates will have a BS in engineering or sciences 1-2 years of experience working in a lab environment performing testing on software and hardware of large complex machines, or a Master's degree and no experience. This position will be on 2nd shift & weekends are required (two days off during the week). Excellent company with room to grow and opportunity to work on innovative and industry leading technologies.Responsibilities for the Test Engineer
Requirements for the Test Engineer
- Tests software and hardware requirements for a Class II Medical Device
- Performs Verification and Validation testing
- Performs laboratory work to assure completion
- Executes test protocols
- BS degree or MS degree in biomedical engineering, engineering, computer science or related.
- If no Master's degree, 1-2 years of experience with hardware and software testing of complex machines (medical device preferred but not required).
- Experience working in a laboratory environment performing testing.
- Knowledge of IEEE standards, black box testing, communication protocols, windows and various test methodologies
- Contractor benefits (medical, 401k, PTO) offered.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.