Contract position: Material Buyer/Planner is needed at a leading chemical manufacturer located near Downey, CA to join their growing team. This role is responsible for utilizing MRP to order and manage raw material required to support detailed manufacturing schedules. Candidates must have at least two (2) years of Buying/procurement experience in a manufacturing environment to be considered. SAP experience is highly coveted. This is a temporary to permanent opportunity to join a well established and growing organization. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Utilize MRP (Material Requirements Planning) within SAP to determine raw material needs
- Manage raw material required to support detailed manufacturing schedules
- Ensure materials are in stock in time for processing
- Place and manage purchase orders to support production / demand
- Responsible for the Procurement of locally sourced Raw materials, Packaging and Indirect goods and services
- Main conduit with suppliers to communicate purchase orders - time and quantity
- Must have at least two (2) years of buying/planning experience in a manufacturing environment
- Must have experience using a formal ERP system (SAP experience is coveted)
- Experience issuing purchase orders to ensure timely delivery and quanity
- Prefer candidates with a Bachelor of Science Degree in supply chain, business, engineering or related areas
- APICS or CIPS / CPM certification desired
- Contractor benefits
- PTO plan
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.