Contract position: A Buyer is needed for a world class utility company. This is a 1-year CONTRACT positions in the Tulsa, OK area. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Assist with procuring non-complex project related and transactional material and equipment following procurement guidelines with guidance of a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager. Help with issue requests for quotations with guidance of a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager.
- Collaborate in analyzing bid proposals, negotiating with suppliers at a simple level and awarding purchase orders. Assist in resolving basic discrepancies, commercial issues, change orders, or cancellations related to purchase orders. Help with coordinating work with suppliers, Legal, Risk Management and Business Unit partners on commercial issues, terms and conditions and specifications with guidance of a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager.
- Assist the Category Management group in supplier management and support the strategic agreement process by utilizing blanket orders when appropriate for projects and facilities. Participate on cross functional teams for supplier performance evaluations providing feedback to the Category Management group including participation in scorecard meetings and facility visits.
- Support the material standardization efforts of internal business units including the coordination of material substitutions between supplier and business unit standards group. Participate in facility issues such as outages and schedule requirements and support emergency service restoration as required with direction from a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager. Interact with suppliers and expediters to resolve purchase order and delivery issues with guidance of a Sr. Buyer/Analyst or Category Manager.
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics, Inventory Management or similar discipline, or Associates degree in Business Administration, Supply Chain, Logistics or Inventory Management and 2+ years of procurement experience in buying, contracting, or supply chain, inventory management or logistics or if no degree, 4+ years of experience in buying, contracting, supply chain logistics, inventory management, or business administration.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.