Contract position: Parts Quality Engineer opportunity a with an automotive manufacturer located south of the Birmingham, AL area. These positions is responsible for investigating, analyzing and correcting problems of supplier parts through collaboration within the company and with suppliers to ensure quality and functionality of the parts. Local candidates or those able to self relocate preferred.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Align with Supplier Quality Engineering on boundary samples
- Review trial parts and provide line support and report part readiness for launch to SQE team
- Facilitate corrective action and root cause analysis using problem solving and continuous improvement techniques
- Support production floor on supplier related issues, process improvements, and cross-functional activities to achieve the quality, safety and production goals
- Initiate and approve sorting activities utilizing 3rd party to include in-house, yard areas and sequencing center
- Bachelors of Science degree in Engineering or a related area and/or the equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- Approximately 3 or more years experience in an Engineering function within a manufacturing environment related to quality functions and systems
- A working knowledge of manufacturing processes such as injection molding, metal stamping, plastic painting, assembly processes, or other commodities
- Understanding of APQP steps and control plan validation
- Strong problem solving skills required using established methodologies including 8-D, 5-WHY, DOE, Red X, etc.
- Working knowledge with AutoCAD, Catia, Coordinate Measurement Machine, CAD, FMEA, Faro Arm knowledge are all a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.