Contract position: Leading cosmetics company is seeking a Packaging Coordinator in Newport Beach, CA. The Packaging Coordinator will handle data and components involved in product development preparation for packaging. This role requires heavy use of Excel and other internal software systems. Qualified candidates will have some experience in packaging engineering for consumer goods and a technical Bachelor's Degree. Responsibilities for the Packaging Engineer
Requirements for the Packaging Engineer
- Update material master trackers to ensure set up in all systems are timely and align with launch schedule.
- Create packaging specifications by coordinating with the departments and/or vendors to gather master data requirements and component specifications.
- Collaborate with regulatory departments to obtain associated data related to formulas
- Obtain from vendors palletization data on finished goods/semi-finished goods. Validate shipper specifications with samples received from vendors.
- Bachelor's degree in Packaging Engineering or related technical discipline. Will consider experience over degree.
- 1+ years of experience in packaging engineering or development preferably in consumer goods or cosmetics.
- Strong Excel skills (Pivot Tables, Formulas, v-lookups)
- SAP experience a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.