Contract position: Laboratory Technician for a leading chemical manufacturer located in Baton Rouge, LA to join their growing team. This role is responsible to perform analytical testing in performing wet and instrumental analysis within a lab environment of a chemical manufacturing facility. Required to have a BS degree in Chemistry, Biology or related degree with at least a two (2) years of analytical chemistry experience to be considered. This is a contract opportunity slated to last for an initial 12 months with the potential to turn permanent. Apply now to join a well established and growing organization. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Laboratory Technician
Requirements for the Laboratory Technician
- Perform analytical techniques using standard laboratory equipment
- Calculates surfaces, volumes, weights, and measures.
- The job assignments are as follows: Finished Product Analysis, Environmental and Wastewater Analysis, and Process Laboratory Support.
- Analyzing finished product samples per standard operating procedures to determine finished product quality.
- Calculating and dialating samples
- Inputting finished product analytical results into SAP/Excel
- Calibrating, maintaining and repairing analytical instruments and diluent dispensers
- Analytical techniques include HPLC, GC, potentiometric titration, KF titration, thermal analysis, colorimetry, pH analysis, and gravimetric analysis.
- Bachelors Degree (B.S.) in chemistry or a related field
- Must have at least two (2) years' of industrial laboratory experience performing analytical testing
- Knowledge of analytical chemistry and mathematics
- Experience with gas and liquid chromatography is preferred
- Familiarity with ISO 9001 requirements is preferred
- Knowledge using SAP or Excel to keep detailed record-keeping is preferred
- PTO plan
- Contractor benefits
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.