Permanent position: A leading US based manufacturing organization located in Northern Virginia is looking for a Corporate Materials Manager. This is a direct hire opportunity. Excellent relocation package and company culture. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Materials Manager
Requirements for the Materials Manager
- Optimize materials flows for assigned area of responsibility to develop integrated value streams that deliver quality products and services quickly, reliably and at a cost that offers compelling value in the market place.
- Create innovative, sustainable solutions through the practical application of technology and continuous improvement to optimize product flows in the assigned value stream.
- Functional MRP system and material flow expert.
- Develop and recommend value stream inventory plans in concert with other affected Project VS Materials Managers.
- Monitor inventory levels at the plant and value stream level.
- Train/develop/audit Plant Materials Managers in alignment with company culture
- Monitor order and receipt levels for both raw materials and WIP.
- Champion the PFEP strategy and associated defining criteria
- Champion material flow design and practice to ensure reliability, flexibility, and performance to support the needs of the client(s)
- Undergraduate degree in Business, or related field, extensive experience will be considered in lieu of an undergraduate degree
- 8+ years of Materials Management experience in a multi-plant environment.
- APICS Certification is a plus
- Experience in developing and implementing inventory plans in a SKU intensive environment.
- Must have a strategic mindset when it comes to materials management and PFEP
- Track record of successful project management and team leadership
- Must be willing to travel domestically 25-40% of the time
- 15% annual bonus
- Relocation package
- Top notch company culture
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.