Contract position: Mechanical Engineer needed for the global leader in construction and mining equipment, diesel and natural gas engines, industrial gas turbines and diesel-electric locomotives. In this role you will support New Product Introduction, Advanced Quality Product Planning, Continuous Product Improvement, Engineering Change Management, quality deviations and cost management.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Work with supporting organizations such as Global Purchasing, Supply Chain, Centers of Excellence and Global Product Validation.
- Attend NPI/CPPD meetings as the primary Engineering representative for North American enclosures and cabs.
- Working with process partners to communicate and execute pertinent activity in support of maintenance, NPI and CPI to ensure component quality and provide support for operations.
- BSME or related
- In lie of a degree 5+ years related experience
- Knowledgeable in material 1E specs, engineering standards, weld standards, fabrications, machine loading conditions.
- BIQ/ETQ experience, APQP experience, direct work experience with fabrication operations and processes in the shop/factory, sheet-metal and/or non-metallic manufacturing processes.
- Field experience and/or service tech experience is a plus along with the ability to speak Spanish
- Contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.