Permanent position: Growing industrial manufacturer is seeking a direct-hire, entry-level Mechanical Engineer. This position is located in Des Moines, Iowa. The Mechanical Engineer must obtain a verifiable BSME and have some experience utilizing a 3D CAD Design Software. The salary for this position is commensurate with experience ranging from $50K to $55K. Local candidates only at this time. All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Make revisions to size, shape, and arrangements of parts to create practical design drawings
- Perform calculations such as stress, performance, risk/hazard, and pressure drop and flow analyses as required
- Review customer source and specification control drawings as well as other applicable specifications to determine requirements and/or feasibility of the component
- Assist with the preparation of proposal documentation, technical data such as qualification test procedures, acceptance test procedures, reports, etc.
- Must obtain a verifiable BS, Mechanical Engineering (BSME)
- Experience using a 3D CAD software, i.e. AutoCAD, AutoDesk, SolidWorks, etc.
- Experience performing analysis, including stress, performance, and risk/hazard
- Full-time salary commensurate with experience ranging from $50K to $55K
- PTO, Vacation, Vision Insurance, 401K and company match, etc.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.