Contract position: Top ranked general contractor is seeking a QA/QC Construction Coordinator in the Huntsville, AL area. This position is responsible for the implementation and management of the project quality control program and performance of daily QA/QC responsibilities. This position will work directly with both internal and external team members to provide document review, coordination and implementation during construction and commissioning. Excellent company culture, benefits, and room to grow. Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidates. Responsibilities for the QA/QC Manager
Requirements for the QA/QC Manager
- Familiarity with a broad range of general construction processes and nomenclature including testing laboratory protocols/procedures, soils and concrete testing, asphalt paving, structural steel, welding and general construction observations.
- Familiarity with governing specifications including ASTM, ANSI, APWA, ACI, ICC ec related to construction testing and inspection procedures/processes.
- Conduct regularly scheduled QA/QC meetings, review logs of deficiencies, Punch List, etc and provide documentation and meeting minutes.
- Coordinate and participate in field inspections to verify that work is proceeding with contract documents and approved submittals. Create, document and distribute all QA/QC checklists, inspections, completion lists, punchlists and reports.
- 3-7 years of construction QC experience on major construction projects $100 million and above
- Bachelors degree in construction management, engineering or equivalent combination of training & experience.
- Proficient in MS-based software including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Aviation/airport construction experience a plus, but not required.
- Certifications preferred, but not required: ACI (American Concrete Institute), NICET (National Institute for Certification in Engineering Technology), ASNT (American Society for Nondestructive Testing), AWS (American Welding Society) or ICC (reinforcing, concrete, masonry, structural steel, soils, etc)
- Medical, Dental and Vision offered
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.