Permanent position: Immediate opening for a Mechanical Engineer in Dayton, OH with an automation and equipment company. The Mechanical Engineer will be responsible for custom machine design using AutoCAD and will also take part in overseeing the builds of the machinery designed. All levels of candidates are encouraged to apply but must have at least 1 year of machine design experience. Bachelors Degree is preferred but an Associate's Degree with more experience is acceptable. SolidEdge experience is highly preferred but AutoCAD alone will suffice. Any type of experience with hydraulic and pneumatic systems is a bonus as well.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- 3D design for custom automation machinery from concept to production.
- Complete bill of materials and participate in purchasing activities.
- Work with other departments to collaborate designs to ensure the designs adhere to the concept.
- Bachelors Degree is preferred but Associate's and more experience is acceptable.
- 3D machine design experience (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, SolidEdge)
- Preferably 5+ years of experience but all candidates with more than 1 year of experience are encouraged to apply.
- Salary with paid overtime
- Health, vision, short/long term disability
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.