Contract position: Data Entry opportunity in Honolulu, HI. Providing entry-level drafting support for engineering departments. Ideal candidates will possess an Associate's Degree minimally and 4 years of related experience. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the GIS Technician
Requirements for the GIS Technician
- Prepare drawings of pieces, parts, and assemblies involving selection of scales, dimensions, detailed views, sectional views orthographic projects from sketches, layouts or verbal instructions.
- Assist in CAD database maintenance through archiving of finished projects.
- Write macro language programs to improve CAD productivity by reducing or eliminating interactive commands to create repetitious geometry or drawings.
- Prepare bills of material and prelists using computerized bill of material system.
- Review project specifications and requirements to assure conformance of design and fabrication of product.
- Associate's Degree or equivalent is required; Bachelor's in Engineering is preferred.
- 4 years of related experience.
- Proficient in MS Office, database management, and website editing using Google Earth and similar Mapping applications.
- Demonstrated knowledge and use of codes or standards for design applications and conformance as related to job.
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.