Permanent position: Industry leading manufacturing company is looking to hire a sharp Process Engineer, this opportunity will be located in the Bakersfield, California area. Candidates must possess experience out of the pulp and paper industry with "wet end" experience. The process engineer is a key member to the team who will be responsible for leading the execution of quality and process improvement projects using standard PI tools such as: Qualpro, MVT/DOE, Kepner Tregoe PSDM, perform PPA/FMEA, knowledge of SPC and charting, developing new processes and training plant employees and leading projects. This role comes with an excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $90k to $150k plus a bonus opportunity. Excellent relocation package is also available All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US. Responsibilities for the Process Engineer
Requirements for the Process Engineer
- Lead process design reviews, raw material qualification and product and process qualification and capability studies
- Perform PPA/FMEA on all major process and raw material changes
- Train production personnel on statistical process control (SPC)
- Lead the application and interpretation of SPC charting, train and educate personnel on company products, plant and corporate quality policies and procedures
- Conduct internal compliance audits of production tests, process specifications, plant change notices (PCN's and other in plant processes
- Co-ordinate plant trials with R&D and plant personnel, ensure trials are accurately conducted and reported
- BS is required, prefer degree in chemical engineering
- Advanced knowledge of manufacturing analysis tools such as: statistical analysis/statistical process control (SPC), process capability studies, Lean manufacturing, 5S, Six Sigma, Kepner Tregoe and DOE
- Candidates must have experience in the paper and pulp industry with 'wet end' experience
- Experience with Root Cause Analysis to troubleshoot and solve problems
- All candidates must be legally authorized to work in the US
- Excellent compensation plan commensurate with experience with a base salary ranging from $90k to $150k plus bonus
- Excellent relocation package is also available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.