Permanent position: Leading Medical Device Manufacturer is seeking a Lean Manufacturing Engineer in South Florida. The Lean Manufacturing Engineer will assist with some structuring of the lean manufacturing process and process flow within the facility. Qualified candidates must be familiar with 5S workplace organization methods. Responsibilities for the Manufacturing Engineer
Requirements for the Manufacturing Engineer
- Assist with some restructuring of their lean manufacturing process and process flow within the facility
- Working with time studies, efficiency of workflow, creating diagrams, spaghetti diagrams and process flow mapping for manufacturing
- Experience in a medical manufacturing environment and will ideally come from an Industrial Engineering background
- Experience with transferring medical product design and processes from development into large scale manufacturing
- 4 year engineering degree (B.S. in Engineering) or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of experience in a technical role in the medical device industry
- Must be familiar with 5S workplace organization methods.
- Experience with polymers, medical grade metals and medical packaging
- Lean manufacturing/Six Sigma certification is a PLUS
- Company sponsored benefits package including 401K with company match
- Relocation or mobilization is considered for qualified candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.