Contract position: A Mechanical Engineer is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the South San Francisco, CA area. This position will develop mechanical prototypes using CAD and rapid prototyping methods. No per diem available. No travel will be required.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Design test fixtures for verification, characterization, calibration, and reliability testing for devices with electronic, fluidic, and mechanical functionalities.
- Define test plans in collaboration with the lead engineers. Troubleshooting of devices during early stages of design and development.
- Analyze test failures and work with design engineers to identify the root cause of failure. Perform mechanical testing of components and materials, data analysis.
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering field. Experience in an industrial R&D environment.
- Experience with 3D CAD, Solidworks, JMP/Matlab, basic data analysis, and statistics.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.