Permanent position: A Geotechnical Engineer is needed in the scenic Upper Valley New Hampshire area at a world leading geotechnical instrumentation manufacturer to support their customers in technical matters, and lead their Technical Services Group. The ideal candidate will have their BSCE and 5+ years of geotechnical engineering experience. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and be comfortable in a customer facing role, as well as representing the company at trade shows and exhibitions. (Some domestic and international travel is required). Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate. Apply now to be considered for this exciting opportunity!!Responsibilities for the Geotechnical Engineer
Requirements for the Geotechnical Engineer
- Handling customer questions related to instrument selection, data analysis, troubleshooting, etc.
- Reviewing RFQ's and inquiries, and assisting with the preparation of bids to in response to same
- Acting as the liaison between the Sales and Engineering departments, realizing compelling and competitive solutions to overcome challenges
- Coordinating Field Service activities, including training of some personnel, as well as supervision of a team of 3 in the Technical Services Group
- Representing the company at trade shows, conferences, and exhibitions; participating in presentations and written papers
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering ; MS in a geological subject is a plus
- 5-10 years of geotechnical engineering experience: i.e. pile design and testing, slope stability, groundwater hydrology, understanding and use of various field instrumentation, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; Ability to write clear, concise, technically correct geotechnical documents with strong attention to detail (Microsoft Office proficiency)
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; Self starter that will act as a supervisor and primary support to a team of 3 in the Technical Services Group
- Some domestic and international travel is required
- Competitive salary, excellent benefits: Medical/Dental, Life/Disability Insurance, 401(k)
- Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.