Contract position: A Sr. Equipment Engineer for a medical devices and equipment manufacturing company is needed in the Salt Lake City, UT area. This position conducts engineering activities and tasks to design and develop equipment, fixtures, and processes for medical device manufacturing. No per diem available. Some traveling required.Responsibilities for the Equipment Engineer
Requirements for the Equipment Engineer
- Design, develop, and document equipment and fixtures for Operations as needed. Identify equipment, fixture, service, design and fabrication suppliers; assess supplier capability and recommend their use.
- Specify equipment qualification requirements and perform qualification activities. Provide equipment subject matter expertise on project teams which are introducing new products or implementing process changes.
- Analyze, troubleshoot, and resolve issues relating to the safety, ergonomics, efficacy, quality and cost of equipment, fixtures and processes. Conduct activities, tasks, and documentation according to the quality system requirements.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 5 years of engineering experience pertaining to an equipment engineering role.
- Ability to conduct complex statistical, geometric, and mathematical calculations. Ability to read, understand, and create engineering drawings on common engineering software.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.