Permanent position: Industrial machinery and production systems manufacturer seeking a seasoned Project Manager out in the Troy, MI area. This position is typically filled by a degreed engineer that has progressed to a PM capacity. The client relies on their PMs to be able to manage the technical issues of a project as well as budgets, scheduling, resource management, etc. **Note that the travel requirements for this position are significant. Depending on the size and scope of assigned projects, the individual may spend several weeks or even months primarily working at a project site. Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Ensure timely, quality and profitable project completion within the customers' specifications from conception to completion.
- Be accountable for project execution in accordance with budget, schedule, technical specifications, governing codes and safety.
- Identify project scope.
- Write bid specifications and equipment scopes
- Review, Approve & Track Supplier/Subcontractor Spec, Drawings and progress
- 8+ years of Engineering experience. (typically Mechanical or Project Engineering for capital equipment projects, design / build, commissioning and installation etc..
- 3-5 years in Project Management in capital equipment, custom machinery, industrial projects etc...
- Engineering degree or proven understanding and application of mechanical engineering and Trade Standards and code (NFPA, IBC, AWS, NEC, SMACNA) as well as Understanding of Process Flow Schematics and Equipment Sizing.
- Significant travel - around 50% and extended trips occasionally
- Company provides superior benefits including platinum health care, generous 401(k) match, paid time off, bonus' and much more.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.