Permanent position: HVAC Embedded Controls Engineering needed in Carrollton to develop electronic control boards using embedded microprocessor with analog and digital circuitry for residential HVAC equipment. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of embedded engineering experience with analog, digital, and mixed signal circuitry and embedded microprocessors. Relocation assistance is offered but local candidates are desirable. Responsibilities for the Hardware Engineer
Requirements for the Hardware Engineer
- Develop the specifications for new products.
- Test the electronic controls to make sure they comply with the strict quality and reliability requirements.
- Perform root cause analysis and implement design changes to assure product integrity.
- Work with suppliers to find the best components for the application while accommodating component costs.
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering; Masters or PhD in Electrical Engineering is preferred
- Previous HVAC controls embedded engineering experience including variable speed motor drive and inverter design
- 5+ years embedded engineering experience with analog, digital, and mixed signal circuitry and embedded microprocessors using through-hole and surface mount technologies
- Experience using schematic capture and PCB layout software to document design.
- Knowledge of serial protocols (TCP/IP, RS485, USB, CAN, Echelon, BACnet) is a plus
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.