A Material Planner for the world's largest standalone medical technology development company is needed in the Jacksonville, FL area. This position will support Operations' success by reading, interpreting and proactively responding to material requirements data within SAP and Supplier Managed Inventory (SMI) processes. No per diem available.Responsibilities for the Planner
Requirements for the Planner
- Track inventory and make decisions according to company goals. Place timely purchase orders, expedite material and resolve payment issues with suppliers.
- Works closely with all members of Purchasing and Production to assist in the development of sound, lowest total cost material strategies to support production requirements.
- Track overall supplier performance for pricing and delivery. Understand and report on supplier capacity and capability. Utilize and implement formal benchmarking process to determine best in class pricing.
- Bachelor's degree and at least 2 years of experience is required.
- Six Sigma, Lean and DMAIC a plus. Experience in the medical device industry is desired. Experience with SAP.
<Benefits for the Planner
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.