Contract position: A Drafting/CAD Technician for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Corning, NY area. This position will utilize CAD for the systematic representation and dimensional specification of mechanical and architectural structures. No per diem is available. No travel required. Hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM.Responsibilities for the Technician
Requirements for the Technician
- Recommend process improvements, meets or exceeds deadlines, and able to maintain confidentiality and ensure compliance.
- Prepare drawings or schematics for mechanical, electrical, or electronic systems, equipment and structures. Utilize CAD digitizing techniques and skills.
- Digitize and edit integrated circuit drawings consisting of components and/or assemblies. Make engineering computations and prepares and revise specifications.
- Associate's degree in a related field and at least 7 years of experience is required.
- Ability to interpret, read, and correct schematics and drawings. In-depth knowledge and familiarity with Solid Words is required.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.