Permanent position: Manufacturer of packaging equipment for the medical device/pharmaceutical industries outside of Tampa, FL, is urgently seeking candidates for an open Machine Shop Manager position. Ideal candidates will have 5+ years management experience at a manufacturer of custom automation equipment and/or packaging machinery. Salary range for this position is $70k/yr.-$100k/yr. depending on experience. Relocation assistance is available for highly qualified candidates.Responsibilities for the Production Manager
Requirements for the Production Manager
- Oversight of Machine shop activities and work flows through the Machine shop including CNC Programming, CNC machine tool scheduling, Manual Machine scheduling, Bench / hand work operations, Raw materials stores.
- Continuous interfacing with Manufacturing Manager, Operations Director on production planning.
- Organize and deliver comprehensive status reports of Machine shop schedule / work in process.
- Involvement in a comprehensive training program to ensure machine shop processes producing company parts can be replicated into the future without fail.
- Interfaces with operations and accounting to analysis Machine Shop efficiencies.
- Enforcement of Company safety policies in the Machine shop area.
- 5+ years experience managing shop personnel in a manufacturing environment, ideally a manufacturer of custom automation/packaging equipment.
- Associates Degree or higher is preferred,.
- Prior experience in CNC Programming, CNC Machine Tool Scheduling, Manual Machine Scheduling, Bench/hand work operations.
- Experience with light industrial automation equipment and/or packaging machinery is highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.