Contract position: An Electrical / Fitting Industrail Engineer is needed for a rail transport company, active in the fields of passenger transportation, signalling and locomotives in the Hornell, NY area. You will work alongside design engineers to ensure the manufacturability of new and refurbished railcars for several large-scale projects. No per diem available. 10% travel. Responsibilities for the Industrial Engineer
Requirements for the Industrial Engineer
- Design for Manufacturing, work breakdown structures, Time Studies, and process and logistics flows. Continuous improvement to increase efficiency, reduce cost, and improve ergonomics/EHS.
- Value stream analysis or process mapping optimization. Create detailed Macro and Micro processes to assure efficient and effective manufacturing processes by interfacing with design documentation and breaking down into efficient subsets for industrial development instructions to the shop floor operators.
- Work with ERP system (SAP) to structure manufacturing bills of material, process sheets and routings to support the most efficient manufacturing practices available.
- Implement industrial data sheets for co-engineering development to identify product design improvements early in the design phase in order to facilitate manufacturable products with the desired speed to market for manufacturing.
- Associates degree in related engineering discipline (i.e. EET, MET).
- Experience with electrical fields, motors. Familiarity with tooling design. Good mechanical or electrical aptitude and desire to be hands on in the manufacturing area.
- Knowledge of drafting and CAD tools including AutoCAD, Pro-E, CATIA, Solid Works or other similar software. Proficiency with MS Office applications (Visio, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Working knowledge in Quality, EHS standards and Ergonomics. Experience with process FMEA, QRQC
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.