Contract position: Engineering Test Technician needed for worlds largest manufacturer of industrial automation and information solutions at their lab in Mequon, WI. This person will suport development and test engineers in the planning, construction, modification, repair and maintenance of test setups, development lab work cells, dynes and test equipment. Responsibilities for the Test Technician
Requirements for the Test Technician
- Build up and modification of work stations and test setups to include motors, cabling, communication, and drive systems for both AC and DC applications.
- Maintain and learn new technological skills so that they may be appropriately applied in product test or to development processes.
- Utilize and interpret the following test and development instrumentation: digital oscilloscopes, analog and digital volt meters and ammeters, differential amplifiers with voltage probes, current transformers, hall effect current probes with amplifiers, LCR meters, torque transducers, power supplies, personal computers, dynamometers, and environmental chambers.
- Ability to write test reports, manipulate data, and create configuration documentation utilizing MS Office Tools.
- Requires knowledge of low and high voltage AC and DC power and controls circuits and their operation, AC and DC drive and motor control theory and operation
- Knowledge of hardware and/or software test methodologies
- Previous experience with using measuring equipment including digital and analog test instruments, and meters, oscilloscopes etc.
- Associates degree in Electronics or related
- Experience performing tests on new products
- Contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.