Permanent position: Chief Compliance Officer needed at a leading coal mining organization located in Roanoke, VA. APPLY now!Responsibilities for the Environmental Engineer
Requirements for the Environmental Engineer
- Develops initiates, maintains and revives policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees
- Collaborates with other departments to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution.
- Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues, and provides general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future
- Bachelor's Degree in Mining Engineering, Environmental Sciences or related field
- 5+ years of related experience in environmental engineering.
- Requires a thorough knowledge of coal mining operations
- P.E. license
- Comprehensive benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.