Permanent position: Surface Mine Engineer needed at a leading coal mining company located in Roanoke, VA. 50% regional travel. APPLY NOW!Responsibilities for the Mining Engineer
Requirements for the Mining Engineer
- Plan, schedule, and coordinate detailed phases of the engineering work in a part of a major project or in a total project of moderate scope.
- Plan and conduct surveys, tests, or investigations, interpret results, and prepare recommendations, summaries, schedules, and cost estimates
- Develop and evaluate plans and criteria for a variety of projects and activities
- Perform work which involves conventional engineering practice but includes a variety of complex features, such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard materials, and difficult coordination requirements.
- Schedule and coordinate the work of technicians in order to complete work on time and within budget parameters.
- Bachelor's Degree in Civil or Environmental Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geology, Hydrogeology, or related technical degree
- 3+ years mining engineering experience.
- Project management skills are required.
- Must be a certified PE in West Virginia.
- Experienced in using AutoCAD
- Must be willing to travel regionally 50% of the time
- Comprehensive benefit package
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.