Contract position: Senior Engineer needed for a leading manufacturer of power products and accessories located west of Milwaukee. In this highly visible role you will be responsible for design, validation and introduction of new products to the market.Responsibilities for the Electrical Engineer
Requirements for the Electrical Engineer
- Specifies precise new product functional requirements; designs, tests and integrates a variety of moderately complex components to produce final designs; and evaluates the design's overall effectiveness, cost (including cost/benefit analysis), reliability (risk analysis), and safety.
- Designs, develops, executes and evaluates fitness-for-use testing, product specifications and process validation plans for a variety of moderately complex products and/or components; creates and reviews material part specifications and bills of materials.
- Collaborates with internal manufacturing partners, contract manufacturers, designers and product specialists to optimize moderately complex designs for manufacturability.
- Utilizes CAD (Computer Aided Design) or CAE (Computer Aided Engineering) systems to model new designs and produce detailed engineering drawings.
- Supporting product development plans (schedule, product cost, meeting design inputs)
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related discipline;
- 5+ years of relevant work experience;
- Safety requirements/validation for battery and inverter systems
- Li-ion battery technology, including various cell chemistries.
- Contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.