Contract position: A Project Manager is needed for a utility holding company in the Amarillo, TX area. This role will provide project management, leadership and coordination for one or more Electrical Transmission/Distribution projects or project work streams. No per diem available. Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Responsible for overall project scope, schedule, cost and risk management for Electrical Transmission / Distribution Projects. Leads team to achieve approved project scope, develops strategic sequencing and detailed milestone schedules, project-level cost tracking and reconciliation.
- Coordinates development of detailed cost estimates, schedules and associated project RFP's, RFQ's, contracts, etc. Responsible for leading projects through all internal and external processes.
- Manages the project scope, schedule and closely plans and manages all project costs. Ensures availability or seeks out adequate resources for projects.
- Bachelors in Engineering, Construction, Business, or related field or an equivalent combination of education and experience. Strong understanding of the Electrical Transmission/Distribution Utility Industry required.
- 5+ years' work experience in operations, technology, finance, or comparable function within the Electrical Transmission/Distribution Utility Industry required. 3+ years' experience in Project Management in the Electric Transmission/Distribution Field; Formal project management training preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.