Permanent position: Top ranked construction firm seeking a construction Project Engineer in the DC area. As Project Engineer, responsibilities include onsite coordination of trade staff, and construction material design coordination, fabrication, delivery and installation. Additional responsibilities as detailed below. Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor's in Construction Management (preferred) or related discipline and 1-6 years of experience working on commercial construction projects. Salary will be commensurate with experience. This role can be filled by either a direct hire or a contract to hire arrangement depending on candidate. Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidates. Responsibilities for the Project Engineer
Requirements for the Project Engineer
- Ability to perform construction cost estimates and quantity surveys for various scopes of work, overall trade management and coordination, and some level of exposure to BIM.
- Oversight of material design coordination, fabrication, delivery and installation.
- Management of cost and design issues (change orders, RFI's, document updates, etc.).
- Ability to read and understand Construction Design Documents and Specifications.
- Working closely with Project Management teams
- BS in Construction Management (preferred) or related construction degree
- 1-6 years of commercial construction experience (data center, airport, corporate headquarters, etc. preferred)
- Prior experience in estimating or pre-construction highly preferred.
- Health, 401k, PTO
- Relocation assistance offered for non-local candidates.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.