Contract position: A Buyer/Planner is needed for a diversified industrial manufacturer with market-leading brands serving customers in global commercial, industrial and residential markets located in the Evans, GA area. This position is responsible for purchased material planning process for nonstandard and drop shipments from placing the purchase order and following up with supplier to deliver the product to assembly lines and/or a drop shipment location. No per diem available. No travel will be required. Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Plans all purchased parts within responsibility area. Make decisions to release, firm, cancel, or defer work based upon current inventory, demand, and capacity.
- Works with suppliers to expedite or defer materials as dictated by changes in internal and external customer requirements and to meet production and inventory objectives.
- Facilitates problem resolutions with Accounts Payable related to purchase orders/ invoicing and pricing.
- High school diploma is required. At least 2 years of experience in production and material planning is preferred.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Excel: vlookup, pivot tables, exposure to writing formulas. Experience with an ERP/MRP system.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.