Contract position: Engineering client involved in medium voltage electrical engineering projects in the petrochem and Oil & Gas industry is looking for a Sr. Electrical Designer for a long term contract assignment (with a great chance of turning into a direct hire position) in Houston, TX. You need 8-15 years of relevant experience and specific experience on petrochem or similar heavy industrial plant projects. You need to be local or within a commutable distance to Houston. Responsibilities for the Designer
Requirements for the Designer
- Responsible for performing equipment & systems design on various petrochemical electrical infrastructure projects.
- Revise existing drawings and preparing new drawings of basic electrical components & systems related to these refinery and process plant EPC projects
- You will also be responsible for all or part of the following duties for assigned projects: design for installation of switchgear, cable tray, power cable, power control centers, & transformers utilizing client or industry standards
- You will also be responsible for bill of materials, layouts and routing, plans, sections and details, grounding, power control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, cable lists; support construction; and work with other design engineers and CADD/designer staff
- You will be required to make site visits to the project sites to conduct walk downs, perform inspections and document relevant project information
- 10-20 years of experience as an Electrical Designer supporting projects in the petrochemical, oil & gas, or chemical process industry
- You must be proficient with AutoCAD and Microstation design software
- You must have experience with a 3D software, preferably SmartPlant 3D
- You need some experience visiting project sites to perform walkdowns and to work through any design issues you may be having
- You need experience creating designs for the installation of switchgear, cable tray, power cable, power control centers, & transformers utilizing client or industry standards
- You need experience creating a bill of materials, layouts and routing, plans, sections and details, grounding, power control building arrangements, interior and exterior raceways, & cable lists
- You need experience figuring out how to get power distributed throughout an industrial plant from point A to point B
- PTO Program
- Health Insurance available, and more...
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.