Contract position: A Product Development Quality Engineer is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the East Moline, IL area. This position will provide quality planning, control, and improvement support for product development teams, manufacturing engineering, and supply management to ensure that company product quality meets the expectations of the customer. No per diem available. Some travel may be required. OT when needed.Responsibilities for the Quality Engineer
Requirements for the Quality Engineer
- Participate in Design Process and Assembly Reviews (DPARs), print reviews, and design reviews of new products.
- Use quality tools and practices to establish approval criteria to ensure the identification of quality failure concerns for both internal and external manufactured parts and assemblies.
- Engage in applying/leading Quality tools on Customer Support Process (CSP), Continuous Improvement (CI),and/or Value Improvement (VI) teams.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering or equivalent experience. Six Sigma, ASU, Black Belt in Quality Engineering Certification.
- Experience with Quality Development, Quality Engineering and Hydraulics.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.