Contract position: Mechanical Design Engineer needed for a 4-6 month contract (possible temp to hire) assignment in Albuquerque New Mexico. Candidate will utilize SolidWorks to design and perform both thermal and stress analysis on pressure and vacuum vessels for a military R&D project at the Kirtland Air Force Base AFRL.Responsibilities for the Mechanical Design Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Design Engineer
- Candidate will utilize SolidWorks to design and perform both thermal and stress analysis on pressure and vacuum vessels for a military R&D project at the Kirtland Air Force Base AFRL.
- Design tests to certify vacuum and pressure vessels
- Perform metrology on parts and components received from vendors to validate specified tolerances
- Proficiency with SolidWorks software, including stress and thermal analysis
- Basic understanding of electromagnetic and electro-mechanical component and system design
- Ability to design tests to certify vacuum and pressure vessels
- Experience with various metrology devices to validate specified tolerances
- Ability to obtain and keep a government security clearance to be considered for direct hire
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written with the ability to target that communication to fellow team members as well as engineers, scientists and technicians
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.