Permanent position: Randstad is a nationwide staffing firm who is looking for a Production Engineer in the western suburbs of Chicago, IL. This Production Engineer will be responsible to design and maintain lean manufacturing practices for single flow systems, autonomation and assembly areas. The Production Engineer must introduce and champion a culture of continuous improvement by learning the whole manufacturing process. This is a direct hire opportunity and can start immediately.Responsibilities for the Production Engineer
Requirements for the Production Engineer
- Analyze and design Lean Manufacturing (Assembly) cells using systems and tools to optimize space, equipment, tools, material and personnel.
- Prepare and maintain detailed process maps, standard operating procedures, Poka-Yoke systems.
- Develop and maintain plant layout; optimize space utilization by arranging / rearranging equipment, inventory & work cells.
- Use SPC techniques and systematic problem solving methods as required.
- Work closely with R&D, quality assurance, and maintenance personnel to prevent problems with products and tooling/fixtures.
- Ensure all manufacturing safety regulatory policies and procedures are implemented and maintained at all times.
- Bachelors Degree Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Mathematics or other related technical experience required.
- Require two years of experience in durable goods manufacturing or a closely related area.
- Must have Lean Manufacturing Experience (Six Sigma).
- Must have experience in Statistical Process Control.
- Any electrical experience would be a plus.
- General benefits are provided more detail to follow.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.