Contract position: A a Sourcing Specialist is needed for a utility holding company in the Denver, CO area. This role will be responsible for construction services based sourcing and contract management. No per diem available. Schedule is 8:00 am to 5:00 pm. Travel within Colorado to various project sites is expected to be up to 10% of the time.Responsibilities for the Purchasing Manager
Requirements for the Purchasing Manager
- Identifies and vets potential vendors. Negotiates price and terms for services, materials, equipment, and/or supplies from vendors.
- Formalize agreements according to company policy. Monitors vendor compliance with contract terms and product or service specifications.
- Identifies and realizes opportunities for cost reduction. Participates in internal control processes.
- A minimum of 5+ years construction services based sourcing and contract management experience. Sourcing experience with oil and gas pipeline transmission is a plus. A bachelors in business or a higher degree is preferable.
- Detailed working understanding of Microsoft Office Suite is a requirement and a working knowledge of SAP is a preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.