Contract position: Large utility needs a EPC Project Manager in Olive Township MI to provide leadership and management for power plant projects ranging from (USD)100K to (USD)10M. This is set as a 12+ month contract, but could be extended out long term. Per diem available for qualified candidates. Responsibilities for the Project Manager
Requirements for the Project Manager
- Precisely define the scope of the project
- Prepare the project schedule and update the schedule as it evolves
- Propose the project budget, and then manage the project so that it doesn't cause cost overruns
- Ensure the project team has the supplies and human resources necessary to get the project done on time and on budget
- Identify initial risks, issues and constraints impacting project execution
- Work with the EPM support groups such as engineering, scheduling, cost controls, construction, and startup and testing staff to ensure that proper alignments and support occur
- BS in Engineering
- PMI Project Management Professional (PMP) certification or equivalent strongly preferred.
- 8 or more years of strong Project Management experience in retrofit construction projects
- Retrofit project management experience in a generating plant environment is desired
- Per Diem available to highly qualified candidates.
- Contractor benefits available
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.