Contract position: Buyer needed in DUluth MN. This person coordinates, executes, reviews and analyzes the procurement of materials, equipment and supplies in accordance with prescribed all policies and procedures. They will also prepare, issue and evaluate RFI's, RFP's and RFQ's as required.Responsibilities for the Buyer
Requirements for the Buyer
- Executes the complete procurement process from analyzing requests, investigating buying channels and supply sources, preparing all aspects of competitive bids through to commercial evaluation, recommendations and purchase order issuance while ensuring compliance with purchasing procedures and user requirements are met.
- Provide support to all business units in the development and approval of Service and Material Requisitions and associated documentation.
- Negotiates on price, delivery, payment terms, cancellation terms, liquidated damages, warranty, etc
- Maintains records in accordance with established policies and procedures, and audit guidelines / SOX requirements.
- Acts as the designated Procurement Lead for assigned core and capital projects if assigned
- Related University degree (Purchasing / Supply Chain Management, B-Comm., Finance, Business Admin,)
- Supply Chain Management Professional (SCMP)/ Certified Professional in Supply Management (CPSM) program enrollment beneficial
- 2+ years purchasing experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.