Permanent position: Mechanical Engineer opportunity with a manufacturing client located approximately 1.5 hours outside the Dallas, TX area. This position provides leadership and hands-on design, development, optimization and problem solving for product or process improvement manufacturing. Relocation is available for eligible candidates. Responsibilities for the Mechanical Engineer
Requirements for the Mechanical Engineer
- Lead product or process improvement projects with a financial scope of up to $10 million from conception through commercialization
- Provide functional guidance in the design, development, and optimization of product converting and manufacturing equipment and processes
- Develop knowledge and skills in application of engineering principles, scientific analysis and project management
- Identify complex technical issues to determine root cause
- Bachelor's or advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering from an ABET accredited College or University.
- Approximately 5 or more years of experience in a variety of technical or operational assignments in a high speed manufacturing environment
- Experience in a variety of plant and staff assignments, including maintenance and operations
- Ability to lead cross-functional teams to achieve project results within required time frames
- Experience with manufacturing control systems, variable speed motor drives; HMI (Human Machine Interfaces); sensors; automated inspection systems) is helpful
- Solid communication skills at all levels and the ability to provide leadership when applicable
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.