Contract position: A Hardware Engineer is needed for an American multinational corporation specializing in Internet-related services and products in the Mountain View, CA area. This position will be responsible for consumer hardware product excellence by performing system-level electrical validation and design optimization. No per diem available. No travel will be required.Responsibilities for the Hardware Engineer
Requirements for the Hardware Engineer
- Participate in EE validation test plan preparation, with the goal of catching design issues and fixing them at early development stage to improve the overall product quality and meet a very tight schedule.
- Execute EE validation plan in the lab, review results and measurement, flag any failures to designers. Collaborate with other engineers in system bring-up, design verification, troubleshooting, failure analysis, and design optimization.
- Test and debug PCB's, at system level, to be distributed or have developed issues. Participate in lab activities such as system bring-up, system testing and debugging, stress/long duration tests, etc.
- Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering and at least 3 years experience with various lab equipments, such as real-time oscilloscope, spectrum analyzer, protocol analyzers, logic analyzers, etc.
- Experience in modern analog and digital electronic circuits, power delivery, and transmission line theory.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.