Contract position: CAD Designer needed for a opportunity in Irving, TX. The CAD Designer will be responsible for working with the Technology Managers to design building systems such as Access Control, CCTV, Intercom Systems, Video Management Systems and various specialty systems. Apply now for immediate consideration!Responsibilities for the CAD Designer
Requirements for the CAD Designer
- Using AutoCAD to prepare project submittal drawings that include device placement plans, riser diagrams, electrical interconnection drawings, device circuit wiring, control cabinet layouts and full point to point layouts.
- Receive project assignments from Lead Designer, Head of Drafting Dept.
- Must follow drafting standards and protocols as established by our team.
- Maintain project drawing files, and associated records and documentation in an orderly condition.
- Operate and maintain CAD equipment, plotter, and printers as directed by Lead Designer.
- Perform other system configurations/calculations in accordance with project specifications and other project documentation as directed by Lead Designer.
- Associate's Degree in CAD Drafting or 5 years work experience using AutoCAD.
- Excellent computer skills. Knowledgeable with AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, and MS Outlook.
- Proficient in reading and understanding construction drawings.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Competitive benefits package.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.