Contract position: A Supply Management Specialist is needed for an American corporation that manufactures agricultural, construction, and forestry machinery, diesel engines, drivetrains (axles, transmissions, gearboxes) used in heavy equipment, and lawn care equipment in the Thibodaux, LA area. This position will build and develop a supply base for procuring less complex and strategic materials, products, supplies and services. No per diem available. No travel required. Responsibilities for the Specialist
Requirements for the Specialist
- Coordinate and lead efforts to address chronic supplier performance issues and/or validation of suppliers during the early supplier selection process as part of Enterprise Product Delivery Process (PDP).
- Support The Engineering Change Management (ECM) process so design changes and product improvements are implemented in a timely and cost effective manner.
- Lead continuous cost reduction/value improvement activity, focusing on Shareholder Value Added (SVA); develop and implement communication plans to key stakeholders.
- Experience in SAP, buying/quoting/suppler negotiation and supplier management.
- Knowledge of MRP (Materials Requirement Planning) and ERP (Enterprise Requirement Planning) systems.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.