Contract position: An Analysis Coordinator for a manufacturing company considered one of the world's leading innovators in materials science is needed in the Corning, NY area. This position will serve as a primary intake point for samples coming into the directorate from R&D and various manufacturing plants. No per diem is available. No travel required. Hours are 8:00 AM - 5:00 PM. Overtime is available on a case by case basis.Responsibilities for the Coordinator
Requirements for the Coordinator
- Work with Shipping & Receiving and Corporate Customs to ensure the timely routing and receipt of samples coming from plants/vendors.
- Track incoming requests from the directorate, using an in-house created SharePoint site.
- Work closely with purchasing to Create and track Purchase Orders and payments to vendors. Work with lab personnel to streamline and improve efficiencies regarding frequently-purchased items.
- Must have an Associate's degree and prefer two years of experience working in a laboratory environment.
- Knowledge on writing basic SQL statements to query a relational database is prefered.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.