Contract position: A Product Design Consultant is needed for a leader in electronics, healthcare, and lighting in the Colorado Springs, CO area. This position will support new product development team(s) in developing injection molded and machined components and assemblies for medical device equipment. No per diem available. No travel required. 1st shift position. Responsibilities for the Consultant
Requirements for the Consultant
- Mechanical design and refinement of injection molded and machined components and assemblies.
- Prepare and lead design reviews to release component designs. Support vendor manufacturing and qualification of components and assemblies.
- Manage changes to components and drawings in CAD repository and approve release of documents in documentation system.
- Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering or a similar field. At least 7 years of experience working within an engineering or technical team.
- Injection molded part design experience required, large component reaction injection molded component experience desired.
- Experience in manufacturing, SolidWorks, and CAD are highly preferred.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.